Saturday, July 17, 2010

Final Destination



I always wanted to have a travel blog for the longest time (and many have been nagging me to set one up) but I never got around to do it for many unknown reasons. Perhaps it was the low self esteem or maybe I was waiting for the "right" moment to do so. Honestly, I don't have a clue.

So..

I guess now is just about as right as it can get, I guess?

Two days ago, I was planning on setting one up but it never materialised. Yesterday, after having a long talk with Michael who knew of my tendencies to travel around had talked me into this. He was one of the big people in my first company I worked with who actually granted me a month of unpaid leave to go backpacking around Europe in 2006 (after only worked for a year). Such a thing was almost unheard of.

And it took place exactly 4 years ago.

That decision simply changed the entire course of my life. Literally.

I can't imagine what it would be like to not do it back then and I find this quote by Mark Twain very fitting.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover
          - Mark Twain, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer


Alright, we'll see what I can come up with from here and out. There's just too many stories, photos and thoughts to go through!

*Takes a deep breath*

Until then, have an open mind. There is always something new out there in the world we can learn from.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Im the first commenter ever !

    Love the sight designlah ! You have to teach me how you do this. And love ur profile pic too.

    Ok start with that journey 4 years ago.. i want details ok ? And lots of ur pretty pictures :)

    Yay again !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fish! Thanks! Hhaah this place hopefully won't be as quiet. Eeks.

    ReplyDelete